Okay, folks, fall just got serious. Seriously delicious, that is. I got this idea to slice up some apples, coat them, and deep fry them and it turned out better than I imagined. I believe I have seen battered apples online before, but I never wrote down a recipe and didn’t really like the way they looked in those pictures anyway. So, I made up my own recipe. I’ll share it with you here, along with the video, but I must warn you: these are dangerously good. I mean it. You’ve been warned!
Deep Fried Apple Rings
4-5 medium apples (cored & sliced thin)
9 whole graham crackers, crushed
1/2 cup biscuit/baking mix (Bisquick Copycat Recipe, CLICK HERE)
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup sugar
Apple pie spice (to taste)
Oil for frying
- Preheat deep fryer or pan. My deep fryer does not have a temp setting, so I’m not sure how hot the oil gets, but hot enough to deep fry most foods.
- Mix together sugar and spice, and set aside for later.
- For batter, in a separate bowl whisk together biscuit/baking mix and milk.
- Dip apple slices in batter and coat with graham cracker crumbs. Gently place in hot oil. Do not crowd the fryer.
- Cook until light/medium brown, turning halfway through. These cook rather fast, so keep a close eye on them!
- Remove slices from oil and place on paper towel to drain for a minute. Then coat/dust with sugar & spice mixture.
- Enjoy! (you will, I’m sure of it.)